Monday, February 8, 2010

John Lennon Quotes


There are times when you are looking for direction. At those times, you seek an influence. I have always been inspired by John Lennon. His music, his thoughts, his values and his beliefs.

Some of his favorite quotes - ( a tribute to Lennon )

1. A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.

2. All we are saying is give peace a chance.

3. As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.

4. Everybody loves you when you're six foot in the ground. ( this is one of my favs )

5. God is a concept by which we measure our pain. ( another one )

6. I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong.

7. I don't believe in killing whatever the reason!

8. If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace.  ( this one is also awesome )

9. Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.  - ( this is my all time favorite )

10. Part of me suspects that I'm a loser, and the other part of me thinks I'm God Almighty.

11. Possession isn't nine-tenths of the law. It's nine-tenths of the problem.

12. Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.

13. You don't need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!

14. We've got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can't just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it's going to get on by itself. You've got to keep watering it. You've got to really look after it and nurture it.

15. You either get tired fighting for peace, or you die. ( and he died fighting for peace )

Everytime, I am down, I read these quotes out aloud. and I tell myself how lucky I am. We need to love life more, much more than what we all do.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Awesome quotes for John Lennon Quotes